Online Resources for Students and Teachers
NEW! Click HERE for a new video unit “Comparing State and Federal Courts.” This collection of materials was created through a partnership between the District Court, the Judicial Learning Center in St. Louis, the Civic Education Committee of the Supreme Court of Missouri, and the Department of Citizenship Education of the Missouri Bar.
NEW! Click HERE for a collection of online resources for teaching and learning about the judicial branch, which we hope will be helpful during the ongoing COVID-19 health crisis.
Please visit www.JudicialLearningCenter.org for learning resources and activities on the judicial branch. The site features content-rich areas for students, teachers, and the public. The Student Center helps learners of all ages explore the judicial branch of government, and test their new knowledge with interactive Student Challenges. The Educator Center provides a variety of resources for teachers of civics, government, and history. There are simple, printer-ready resources and in-depth lesson plans available to correspond with each topic section.
Judicial Speakers Bureau
The judges of the U.S. District Court are available to speak off-site by request CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
Field Trip Opportunities
- To learn more about visiting the courthouses, click here.
- To learn more about participating in our special events and programs, click here.
Also, for visits to the Eagleton Courthouse, grant funding is available through a local non-profit, to cover the cost of transportation. An application can be found here. There is no cost for the courthouse tour program.
- The Judicial Learning Center - Online Learning and Educational Resources
- United States Courts – Classroom Ready Teacher Resources
- Annenberg Classroom – Resources for Excellent Civics Education
- Bill of Rights Institute – Educating Young People About the Constitution
- iCivics – Interactive Educational Games about Civics and Democracy
- The Missouri Bar Citizenship Education Page
- Federal Judicial Center - Educational Resources
- The Federal Judge Association - Civics Education Resources
- Discover Missouri Courts - Missouri Judiciary Civic Education Page
- Street Law, Inc. - Teaching resources on landmark cases
- Civic Renewal Network – High quality civics education materials
- NewseumEd – Teaching resources for the First Amendment
- The National Constitution Center – Interactive Constitution