READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
Complete the Application for Admission to Practice Law in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri. The requirements for admission can be found in Rule 12.01 of the Local Rules effective December 1, 2016. In order to avoid delays in the application review process, please refer to the following instructions.
- Applicants are required to provide the Court with a Certificate of Good Standing only from the highest state court of the state of the applicant's primary practice. Only certificates issued not more than 60 days prior to filing your applications are acceptable. *If you are a recent law school graduate and attended the most recent oath ceremony in Jefferson City, Missouri, you do not need to supply a certificate of good standing.
- Complete the online registration at https://ecf.moed.uscourts.gov/AttorneyReg/ Instructions can be found here.
- Complete the Application for Admission. Applications must be fully completed.
- The completed, signed and affirmed application and the certificate of good standing must be e-filed together as a packet. All originals must be maintained in the attorneys office for a period of 90 days.
- The completed packet must be scanned to PDF and submitted through CM/ECF using the attached instructions.
- Payment must be made at the time of application. (fees page)
- Click here to sign up for a date to have the oath administered. The oath needs to be taken within 60 days of receiving the bar approval letter. Please bring the approval letter and oath / order form with you.
Once the application has been reviewed, a determination letter will be e-mailed. This review process usually takes 10 days. Upon approval, the attorney needs to go here to schedule the oath of admission. The oath is administered in person on the second and fourth Thursday of each month. If the attorney is out of state or has good cause, the oath may be administered via telephone. For your own convenience, please report directly to the courtroom. Please bring the oath form and the approval letter with you when you come in to have the oath administered.
If you have questions, please contact the clerk’s office at (314-244-7914).